Sunday 8 April 2012

Hunting for an Easter egg in the New Forest, Hampshire


Wellingtonia Avenue Road
one big giant red wood tree.
National Park details.







On the Good Friday, I went for a walked in the new forest in Hampshire. I have been there few times in the past. We set off about 11 am, which was a Good Friday. The weather was very nice on that particular day though.
On our way, we had stopped off at Wellingtonia Avenue in Finchampstead, Bershire.  We had also been there before. The giant redwoods is very tall tree. The trees were planted in 1869. The name came from the Duke of Wellington.

I was amazed that I can capture this.
camping for a night

 
An hour later, we driving to the new forest but the traffic weren’t good as there were too many cars heading to Southampton. Luckily for us, we get there in the difference route.
History of the New Forest National Park was created for the royal hunting which mainly deer. The England king at that time was William I.
The forest area covers 220 sq miles in southern of England.
up closed
We went there because of the big giant red wood and the sequoia tree. My partner loves wildlife and nature. He has been to the Yosemite national park in California and he felt in love with the tree. This is the reason of why we have to go there for our Easter hunt.


When we arrived there it was about 2pm. We had our lunch at the bench in the park. We bought our left over from our shopping from London supermarket, after our lunch we starting to walk in the park. There was a lot of people with the family and the dogs. We was walking and taking some photos, I want to take my bicycle with me but it was too difficult to put in the car, I think one day I might be able to bring the bike with me and ride around the park.


Around 4 pm., we think we should heading back to London as again we don’t want to stuck in the traffic jam. We arrived back about nearly 9pm on Friday. We couldn’t get any egg though and at the end we stop off at the moto way to get an Easter in stead

1 comment: