Sunday 8 April 2012

Gardening time



My proud mango
Last summer in June, I bought a very sweet mango from East Street market. After, I had eaten it in my garden and left mango stone (seed) in the sail. I forgot about it until my partner told me that he going to dig up some weed in the garden, and he found the strange weeds, which does not looked like a normal one. I went out and told him that this is a mango plant. He couldn’t believe it because actually he never seen one. Anyway, I show him that this is the mango as the seed still there. That was around September last year.

Anyway, we moved the mango tree in to the pot. We left the mango plant in the pot on the windowsill in side the house. I want the mango to survive for the winter. The tree is growing but not that fast because the tree has a long life left in them.

Beginning of this year, I went out to do some shopping at Asda and bought a pack of lychee which came over from Madagascar and still fresh. After, I ate them I was thinking maybe I could growth this fruit, I did some research on an Internet about how to growth it. I found a few on youtube. I did what the guy has show from youtube. A few months later I opened the lychee and I found it is growing. I was so happy. I had transfer to the plant pots since nearly early April. I hope it growing soon. I just have to keep my finger cross.
The Lychee is sprouting
The indoor bird chilly
After The mango growth, I felt that I can growth a lot of things. I tried ginger, lemongrass, Thai mint and Thai bird chillies. Some of them do not growth very well with the changeable season, and also I don’t have enough space to keep it. The chillies growing in a very tall nearly as tell as me, I supposed because its needs to reach to the sunshine. I have about 4 chillies in total. During summer season, I put them outside as its going to be better for them, last summer, it has produced a lot of flower but only a few has survived as the winter arrived. I still keep them in the house at the moment waiting for the warm weather coming soon.
Survive lemongrass
The lemon grass has survived from the winter and I hope it will growth bigger soon. I am also planning to grown the ginger, which I bought fresh one from the market for £1. The ginger is sprouting at the moment as soon as the weather is better, I will put in the plant pot soon
I will up date my plants later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment