Sunday 16 September 2012

Last day of my 4 weeks holiday

From Monday 17th September, I am going back to work. I felt like too much holiday to spend in one goes. What I had done during my holiday since the end of August until mid September?
I spent most of my time walking in a long distance, visited my local library and the market of course.
I also spent a lot of time making breads, cake and other dishes, some of my dishes were not so successful but some were nice. I tried to do the Chinese sweet on one occasion but I found it was too complicated and as well as the measurement wasn’t right from the recipe. It was turned out disaster.

I wasn’t spent most of my time just doing some cooking but also I managed to go out to see a few festivals in town. I love going out and about rather than just sitting at home.
Millennium Bridge
I have been to the Notting Hill Carnival on Monday 27 August. I enjoyed it very much. I took a few videos from my phone and put it on in my You Tube. The festival was fun and we managed to get a nice location, actually it was perfect because we were sitting on someone’s house for hours. We got a very cleared view from the top. The good things was I don’t have to flight with the other spectators for a nice view. The owner is originally from Jamaica and he was very nice old man. He kept dancing in his front door while we was sitting there.
I liked the Notting Hill carnival because of the people, the music and the food.
We were there until 6pm.
    






Waterloo Bridge







South Bank
During the Olympics, We always went for a walk by the river Thames in the evening. We would see a lot of tourists and the local residents around. There were also some lived screens for people to watch by the town hall. The spectators would sit on the grass and having a picnic during that time. I was nice though to see people from difference nationalities around London.

One night, while were walking around there near the London Bridge, we stopped by the Switzerland camp, which was not far from the Tower Bridge. We had some Swiss beers and some snacks. There were a lot of Swiss people there as well as a live music. We usually park our car at the horse statue and walked along the River Thames from there to the London Eye. During summer season there were plenty of performance along the ways. We would stopped by the Scoop to watch the play there but if there weren’t any things interesting to us, we would continuing to South Bank and watch this space, which normally plenty of stuff going on there.

Piccadily festival
near London eye
Anyway, that was part of my activities during the Olympics as well as watching live from television.
Piccadilly Circus
Feather on the ground

On one Sunday evening, I was watching the news at 6 o’clock and I heard from the news reader says about there is a festival in Piccadilly Circus right now. We decided to go there straight after that. It was 7pm. And by the time we arrived at Regent Street everything nearly done. We have seen the leaflet that there is a strange thing going to happen at 10.30pm. We just hang around and wonder what is going to happen in the next hours. Suddenly, on the top of the building, we saw there are a group of people preparing themselves on the top of the building roof. They were wearing clothes like an angle. Everybody just have to watch out from the top. I was fun at the end because they were doing a pillow flight on the wire swinging around in the circus. It was so beautiful night and most of the audience were very happy with it. The pillow was filled with feather and it could be the feather from the ducks. There were so many feathers on the sky like snowing in the winter. There was a man came toward me and he said to me “ Merry Christmas” it was a wonderful night in the summer time. I loved it.

Thames Festival
too many people
This performance was excellent


On the 8-9 September, there was The Thames festival which we also went there to joined the crown. There were so many people and the weather was great for the crown. We went there on Saturday night and on Sunday night. On Saturday the crowns wasn’t as many as Sunday. I found that on Sunday there were far too many people. We were there until nearly 9pm. As we have to watch to closing ceremony for Paralympics. We managed to get some photos of the night parade though.

Anyway, I am glad to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment