Sunday 7 October 2012

Visit my old friends







My Lovely boss
Steph is a funny women




my neighbour as well as work colleague
the boss of the boss


On September 28th, I had a chance to go back to Birmingham. It has been 7 years since I left.
me and Jo
I went back because of my old boss she has invited me to her retirement party at work. I used to work with her for 7 years at The University of Birmingham in the library. I love it over there as I had so many colleagues around me. It was like I was a baby in the group as I was a tiny girl for them.

My old boss she is lovely and very hard working women. I think she was very proud of me that I had done a good work for my future. I do expect that she is my boss and she was the one who has helped me to get the job. I would say that (in my culture) we had to respect the boss and the older one.

Julia, Sue, Marry and Robert
Anyway, I went there on Friday afternoon by train. I arrived at Birmingham about 12.08 and by the time I get to the party was about 1.00pm. Janet was doing her goodbye speech and there were too many people in the staff common room. I couldn’t even see her at all.  
Brian and I
I gave Janet a hugged when I saw her. I think she was very happy to see me at the party.
I also have seen a lot of my old colleagues and we had a chatted but only a few minutes to each friend as there were too many people wanted to talk to me. Some of my old colleagues was very surprised to see me and kept asking me about my life since I left my work at Birmingham university library. I told them about what has I been in the past 7 years.
It was 2.30 and it was a time for me to leave them to go back to London. I was thinking this is a chapter of my life. I wouldn’t for get them at all. They are still being my friends and my boss. I was very grateful to know them. I would definitely go back to visit them again in the future but I wouldn’t tell when.
I was lovely to see all of you guys. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment